Rediscover Roman treasure found in Caerleon in 1926!
Use the App to explore the Amphitheatre & Barracks at Caerleon. Follow clues and meet historical characters to help you discover the Museum’s treasures where they were once found. If you find them all you will unlock a virtual National Roman National Roman Legion Museum. The real Museum is closed for maintenance and opens again in Autumn 2019.
How to play:
- Use your device & the treasure map to find the six hidden clues in the Amphitheatre and barracks.
- When you are near the treasure a coin will appear on your device. Each coin reveals a treasure & activity.
- Find them all to unlock a virtual National Roman Legion Museum!
This App is a partnership project between Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales and Cadw. It links museum treasures to the places where they were once found at the historic sites maintained by Cadw in Caereon.
- The app requires Android 4.3 or iOS 9.1 or later. Please note the app is not compatible with some budget smartphones.
- You will need a data connection during the experience.
- If you are having a problem downloading the app make sure you have a good internet connection and that you have enough storage space on your phone.